The Girl Behind the Keyboard
My name is Erica and I currently live in Colchester, England. I am a recent graduate, having received a Master of Arts degree in Sociolinguistics. I’ve spent the last five years trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, and I thought I had it all figured out until this year. Funny how the older I get the less I seem to know about who I am, where I belong, and what the hell I’m meant to do with my life.
I’m at that part of my life where I’m meant to be doing the grown-up stuff, but all I really want to do is work, hang out with my friends, and pester my mom for daily pictures of my dog. This blog is a reflection of that journey (well, maybe not the daily dog pictures part). I’ll write posts about what I’m doing, both the mundane and the potentially life-changing. I’ll write about my misadventures in cooking as I learn how to prepare meals for not just myself, but for other people who have taste buds and the ability to judge me. I might even write about my health and weight loss, my love of YouTube and tech, or anything else that I’m thinking about and feel the need to share. I know it might make more sense to keep to one topic, but my life is not just one genre, and I don’t want my writing to be the same. It might be a little haphazard and inconsistent, but hopefully it’ll be fun.
Name: Erica Lynn
Birthday: January 16
Location: Chicago, USA
Occupation: Writer and editor for a network of charter schools.
What I love
- Books – It’s a bit of an addiction.
- Learning to be healthy – all things healthy living, including physical health, mental health, and just general well-being.
- Writing – I enjoy writing in so many settings, hence the blog. While creative writing has been one of my passions since childhood, I also love writing for my work and research.
- YouTube – Not just watching videos, but making them and learning more about how it functions as a place of culture and community.
- Cooking – I started a loose series on this blog making fun of the fact that I was an inexperienced cook, accidentally giving myself quite a bit of experience in cooking.
- Traveling – I left Michigan for the first time in 2013, and now all I want to do is keep exploring the world.